Bloggers' budget decorating ideas: Artwork
Use art to give your home some personality with these 10 creative and budget-friendly decorating ideas.
Photography by Grace
Sense and Simplicity: Edited photography
"One of my favourite budget-friendly ways to add character to my home is to display photographs. I love hanging family photos or pictures from vacations - they're personal, they bring back wonderful memories, they can easily be swapped out with newer photos, and they don't cost a lot.
Why not try something other than a regular colour photograph? New technology gives us lots of options, such as using an online photo-editing program to change a colour picture to black-and-white or sepia; it's even possible to order photos printed onto canvas. For my inexpensive bathroom renovation project, I printed some photographs of our Georgian Bay cottage in black-and-white, I used inexpensive white IKEA frames, and grouped the pictures for bigger impact. They look great lined up along the top of the bead board wainscoting I installed. Now, during those cold winter months, they're a welcome reminder of warm summer fun." -- Grace
Grace lives near Toronto and is a speech-language pathologist by day and a design-loving Mom of three by night. In her blog, Sense and Simplicity, she shares her love of decorating, family, photography, food, and travel.
- Page 1: The Fabulous Design File: Personalized posters
- Page 2: Sense and Simplicity: Edited photography
- Page 3: Just Bella: Fabricating art
- Page 4: First Time Fancy: Framed objects
- Page 5: Desire to Decorate: Floral frames
- Page 6: Marcus Design: Boldly overmatted
- Page 7: A Tranquil Townhouse: Jeweled decor
- Page 8: Little Bits of Lovely: Etsy finds
- Page 9: Vintage Paper Parade: Decorative paper
- Page 10: Interior Design Musings: Chic chain detail