A black and white palette can be beautiful and dramatic. If you love the look but aren't sure how to go about achieving it, heed this helpful advice from designer Lisa Canning. "Keep a black and white look sophisticated by employing my two-thirds rule," she says. "Keep two-thirds of the room white (paint, furniture, etc.), and one-third of the room black (accessories, accent pieces). This will help create balance and keep the room feeling fresh and airy." Conversely, she says, a mostly black room with small white highlights will feel dramatic and cozy, perfect for a basement or media room.
Here are 10 black and white accessories you can easily incorporate into your decor to instantly get the look!
Black & White Apothecary Bath Accessories
Black and white decor doesn't have to be in-your-face dramatic. Subtle pieces like these apothecary-inspired bathroom accessories accomplish the look in a soft and understated way.
Available at: Pottery Barn
Price: $18.52 – $64.83
Decorating & Design - Colour
The sharp contrast of black and white will make a statement in any room of your home.
- Page 1: Black & White Apothecary Bath Accessories
- Page 2: Jason Polan Framed Wall Art
- Page 3: Black and White Striped Pillow Cover
- Page 4: Tux Black Rim Salad Plate
- Page 5: Believe Bookends
- Page 6: Sabrina Rug
- Page 7: Pine Cone Hill Edelweiss Crewel Black Duvet Cover
- Page 8: Cabana Stripe Towel
- Page 9: Marcel Wanders - Grace Black & White Wallpaper
- Page 10: White Dot Hi-Grade Desk Accessories