Decorating & Design - Styling Secrets
10 ways to get shabby chic style
These beautiful accessories will transform a space, giving it the essence of shabby chic style.
Seating you can sink into
Believe it or not, beanbag chairs are part of that laid-back, shabby chic vibe. Even Rachel Ashwell, who trademarked the term “shabby chic” back in the ‘80s, features a few beanbag chairs in her Shabby Chic Couture line. This one from Pottery Barn has been updated in a sumptuous, white, shaggy fabric – the perfect place to curl up with a book. Pottery Barn, $251.82.
- Page 1: Seating you can sink into
- Page 2: A well-worn table
- Page 3: Antique frames for art
- Page 4: Give once formal seating a shabby chic makeover
- Page 5: Light up a room with a chandelier
- Page 6: Set the table with linen napkins
- Page 7: Create airy, beachy ambiance in the bedroom
- Page 8: Take it outside
- Page 9: Make use of well-worn storage options
- Page 10: Serve tea in vintage cups