After hibernating for the cold winter months, summer invites us to crack open the windows, invite the warm weather in and take the time to make some upgrades to our homes. Whether you have the budget to do structural updates or just enough to make a few changes, check out these nine summer decorating ideas that will make your home a beautiful haven.
Photography by Edward Pond
1 Create an outdoor entertaining space
If you live for hosting parties, there’s no better improvement you can make to your home than creating an outdoor entertaining space. A comfortable seating arrangement, an outdoor rug and close access to the kitchen are the basics for tying together an ideal outdoor space. To get the most bang for your buck, opt for weather-resistant materials like vinyl and wicker that will stand up to the elements.
To see the rest of this story, check out Outdoor entertaining on a budget.
Decorating & Design - Styling Secrets
9 best updates for your home this summer
Give your home a seasonal spruce-up with these 9 summer decorating ideas.
- Page 1: Create an outdoor entertaining space
- Page 2: Install a skylight
- Page 3: Up your curb appeal with new exterior paint
- Page 4: Lighten up your window coverings
- Page 5: Replace your sliding doors with French doors
- Page 6: Build up your front garden
- Page 7: Incorporate mood lighting outdoors
- Page 8: Change up your linens
- Page 9: Let the ceiling fans do the work