Whimsical colours, decorative accents and simple storage creates an organized and engaging home office.Which is high and which is low?
Can you tell the difference?
- MAGAZINE HOLDER Martha Stewart Home Office and Avery Stack+Fit Shagreen, Staples, $12 each.
- PENDANT LIGHT Flat disc glass pendant, Union Lighting and Furnishings, $260.
- MAGAZINE HOLDERS Martha Stewart Home Office and Avery Stack+Fit Shagreen, Staples, $12 each.
- DESK LAMP Metal croupier lamp in black, Modern Furniture Knockoff, $199.
- BUST Basalt Bruto, Elte, $375.
- FILING CABINET TPS powder-coated steel cabinet, CB2, $179.
- TRAY Horse Square lacquered/gold-leafed tray, Elte, $265.
- BOX Bone and mother-of-pearl box, Elte, $325.
- DOCUMENT BOXES Martha Stewart Home Office and Avery Stack+Fit Shagreen, Staples, $14 each.
- TRAYS Acrylic format memo trays, CB2, $25 each.
- DOCUMENT BOXES Woven white boxes,Bouclair Home, $9 each.
- OFFICE CHAIR Leather and steel York chair, Modern Furniture Knockoff, $399.
- MAGAZINE HOLDER Cardboard Kassett magazine holder, IKEA, $6 per pack of two.
- PENDANT LIGHT Source lighting frosted-glass pendant light, Lowe's, $78.
- MAGAZINE HOLDERS Cardboard Kassett magazine holder, IKEA, $6 per pack of two.
- DESK LAMP Plastic and steel Lagra, IKEA, $3.
- BUST Ceramic bust, HomeSense, $15.
- FILING CABINET Steelcase refurbished metal cabinet, The Office Furniture Store, $140.
- TRAY Faux leather tray, HomeSense, $17.
- BOX Black patterned cardboard box, Bouclair, $4.
- DOCUMENT BOXES Bigso recycled fibreboard Elin (46738) boxes, Solutions, $10 per pack of two.
- TRAY Like-It acrylic stackable tray (47805), Solutions, $10 each.
- DOCUMENT BOXES Cardboard Kassett document boxes, IKEA, $5 per pack of two.
- OFFICE CHAIR Spencer chrome and polyurethane office chair, Structube, $199.
Different is okay
Understanding this concept, even in the design world is okay. These magazine holders in different sizes and materials are unified by the same white colour.
Embrace the rule of three
Repitition is another key to a curated, organized look. Using different vases to store the knitting needles and paintbrushes would have appeared more scattered. The uniformity of the vase trio here is appealing in its simplicity.
Add a bit of beauty
An organized office does not mean a completely utilitarian one (obviously --this is Style at Home, after all). Beautify your board by adorning it with flowers, artwork and clippings.
Tip: Elevate your bulletin-board from dorm-room dull by coverig it in burlap and painting it a bright orange hue. The result is an engaging feature wall that's also super funcional. Here are some tips for organizing your own standout style.
Know what's display-worthy
Whatever you chose to put on your open shelves and cubbies, ensure it's pretty. We love the texture and colour of yarn -- it creates a casual and effortless display that doesn't need to be maintained.
Organizing 101: Corral those random bits and bobs that you want to have within easy reach in pretty different-sized bowls. Organizing 201? Make said bowls yourself.Click here for the DIY instructions.
Rolled-cork document holder
Click here for the DIY instructions.