A splash of tangerine juices up this rustic entryway, designed on both a from-concentrate and a freshly squeezed budget.Which is high and which is low?
Can you tell the difference?
- DOOR KNOCKER Round bronze in Silver Patina, Lee Valley Tools, $53.
- DOOR HARDWARE Emtek nickel-coated brass mortise Lausanne in Satin Nickel, Upper Canada Specialty Hardware, $635.
- UMBRELLA Fulton Riva polyester Classic Polka Dot, Raindrops, $40.
- HOOKS Brushed-nickel Tembre, The Home Depot, $8.
- PENDANT LIGHT Glass and metal One Light in Chrome/Smoke, Royal Lighting, $120.
- MIRROR Grundtal, IKEA, $30.
- BELTS leather, Winners, $15 each.
- KNOB Amerock brushed-nickel, The Home Depot, $9.
- BENCH CUSHION Custom foam Lotus Lake in Pool with Derby Solid piping in Koi, Tonic Living, $175.
- BENCH Acacia veneer Cologne, Structube, $349.
- BASKET Woven, HomeSense, $13.
- FLOOR MAT Woven coconut coir Coco Mats, Canada Mats, $59.
- DOOR KNOCKER Baldwin Estate Ring in Satin Nickel, Upper Canada Specialty Hardware, $150 per set.
- DOOR HARDWARE Rocky Mountain Hardware poured-bronze mortise Metro Entry in White Bronze Dark with Olympus handle, Upper Canada Specialty Hardware, $1575 per set.
- UMBRELLA Pasotti handmade polyamide Classic Black Polka Dot, Raindrops, $145.
- HOOKS Celery, The Home Depot, $5 each.
- PENDANT LIGHT Cisco Brothers large handblown glass Jug Lamp in Smoke, Love the Design, $750.
- MIRROR Gubi small circular Italian leather Adnet in Tan with knob, Hollace Cluny, $815.
- BENCH CUSHION Custom down-topped foam Ming Dragon in Aquatint with Derby Solid piping in Koi, Tonic Living, $285.
- BENCH European white oak Dakota, Crate and Barrel, $899.
- BASKET Woven seagrass, Love the Design, $54.
- FLOOR MAT Densely woven coconut coir Premium Coco Mats, Canada Mats, $91.
Bold front door
The front door is your interior style's calling card to passersby - strolling through a neighbourhood, we all crane our necks to take in a beautiful house exterior. Every colour can set a different expectation for what's behind it, so whichever one you choose, consider it your home's best foot forward.
Left door paint colour: Vista marine 10BG 39/244, CIL.
Right door paint colour: Behr Wet Coral 190B-6, The Home Depot.
1 Irain polyester Classic White umbrella, Raindrops, $25.
2 Woven seagrass basket, Love the Design, $54.
3 Metal egg basket, Love the Design, $45.
4 Woven wicker basket, HomeSense, $20.
5 Woven felt basket, West Elm, $39.
6 Woven wicker basket, HomeSense, $15 each.
7 Galvanized metal gym, Love the Design, $45 each.
8 Woven basket, HomeSense, $13.
Captain's mirrors continue to ride the wave of design popularity and are regularly spotted in some of the most stylish homes. The mirror may remind us of a ship's porthole to the sea, but it's not just for the nautical style - sleek and simple, its thin leather frame exudes luxury, and suspended from a single knob this traditionally heavy item appears almost weightless. It looks great as a stand-alone or in a series, so it's easy to see why the captain's mirror has become many a decorator's first mate.
Gubi small circular Italian leather Adnet in Tan with knob, Hollace Cluny, $815.
What's that saying -- if it ain't broke don't fix it? There's a reason kndergartners store their stuff in classroom cubbies. Easy-to-reach and exposed storage effortlessly keeps kids organized so they can grab what they need on the go. We raised the style quotient here, with small, sleek white wall cubes customized with wire for mail and hooks for keys. We may not be five anymore, but we still want hallway organization to be easy. Wall cubes in White, Bouclair Home, $30 per pack.