Happy Thanksgiving! In the past week, I've shared how to cook the perfect turkey and prepare yummy side dishes à la Williams-Sonoma. Now, it's time for a few tips on baking delicious desserts. Tips for pumpkin pie:
- When it comes to organizing your meal, pumpkin pie is one of the items you can make the day before; just keep refrigerated.
- Making a flaky crust works best when you handle the ingredients as little as possible. Avoid overblending the butter for the crust, because it's actually the ice water that holds all the ingredients together.
- For an easy and delicious filling, try Williams-Sonoma's Pecan Pumpkin Butter, that just has to be mixed with eggs and cream. I can't get enough of it!
- Instead of using a bread pan, try an autumn-inspired cake mold or even muffin pans, perfect for making individual portions.
- Try Williams-Sonoma's Spiced Pecan Pumpkin Quick Bread -- just add butter, eggs and water!
- Serve with drizzled orange glaze, jam or sprinkled confectioner's sugar.