Non-alcoholic holiday drinks
- 1/2 liter of grapefruit juice
- 1/2 liter of Schweppes club soda
- agave syrup (optional)
1 Mix the grapefruit juice and club soda.
2 Stir in a couple of teaspoons of agave syrup to taste.
Blue and gold NAPKIN by Serena & Lily. Hot chocolate with mini marshmallows
Ingredients (per mug)
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups of milk
- 1 tbsp of good quality cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp of bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract
- 5 or 6 mini marshmallows
1 Add the milk to a saucepan on medium high heat. Bring the milk to a high simmer and mix in the vanilla extract. Set aside.
2 In each mug, add the cocoa and chocolate chips. Slowly whisk in the milk, making sure the mixture is homogeneous as you go.
3 Garnish with a candy cane and mini marshmallows. Blood orange cocktail
- 1 litre of blood orange Italian soda
- 1 cup of raspberries
- 1/2 cup of orange sugar crystals
- 1/2 cup of honey
1 Add the honey to a shallow plate. Add the sugar crystals to another shallow plate. Neatly dip the top of each glass into the honey and then dip into the sugar.
2 Pour the blood orange soda and top with a few raspberries.
Note: If you can't find blood orange Italian soda, mix sparling water with blood orange juice and sweeten as needed with simple syrup.
- 2 liters of good quality apple cider
- 6 cloves
- 2-1/4 inch thick slices of peeled fresh ginger
- Peel of 1/2 orange
- 2 cinnamon sticks
1 Put all the ingredients in a medium-sized pot and bring to a boil.
2 Reduce to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
3 Strain and serve immediately, garnished with cinnamon sticks.
- 1 litre of cranberry juice
- 1/2 litre of orange juice
- 2-3 clementines, prepared into segments
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of sugar
1 In a small saucepan on medium heat, add the sugar and water. Cook until the sugar has completely dissolved in the water. Leave the simple syrup to cool while you prepare the rest of the drink.
2 Mix the cranberry and orange juice. Taste and add simple syrup to sweeten as needed.
3 Garnish with the clementine segment. Serve cold with ice.