Recipe: Apple fennel celery salad
- 1 cup (250 ml) thinly sliced fennel
- 1 cup (250 ml) sliced celery
- 1 cup (250 ml) red seedless grapes, halved
- 2 Red Delicious apples, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped toasted walnuts
Poppy Seed Dressing
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Balkan-style plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) liquid honey
- 4 tsp (20 ml) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) poppy seeds
- Pinch salt
- Pinch paprika
1 In large bowl, whisk together yogurt, honey, lemon juice, mustard, poppy seeds, salt and paprika until smooth.
2 Add fennel, celery, grapes and apple; toss to coat. Serve sprinkled with walnuts.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
BUY THIS BOOK
Excerpted from Canadian Living: The Vegetarian Collection by Alison Kent & The Canadian Living Test Kitchen Copyright © 2010 by Alison Kent & The Canadian Living Test Kitchen. Excerpted by permission of Transcontinental, a division of Random House of Canada Limited. All rights reserved.