Recipe: Artichoke spinach dip
Cheese lovers won't be able to resist this delicious spinach dip!
- One 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup salad dressing (Miracle Whip or similar)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 3 small cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 14 oz can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach, or 1/2 cup frozen, drained
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2 Lightly oil an 8- x 8-inch baking dish.
3 In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese, salad dressing, Parmesan cheese, Romano cheese, garlic, basil, and garlic salt.
4 Gently stir in the chopped artichoke hearts and spinach. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5 Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish. Top with mozzarella cheese.
6 Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned.
7 Serve hot with crusty bread or tortilla chips.
Serves 8 to 12.
BUY THIS BOOK
Excerpted from Miss Vickie's Kitchen by Vickie Kerr. Recipes Copyright © 2014 Vickie Kerr, Photography copyright © 2014 John Sherlock. Excerpted by permission of Raincoast Books, Richmond, B.C. All rights reserved.