Use fresh veggies for this tasty ratatouille
Zucchini and tomatoes come together to make this savoury vegetable ratatouille.
- 1/2 cup prepared pasta sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/4 tsp each: dried oregano and crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 small green or yellow zucchini, sliced 1/8" thick
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small plum tomato, sliced 1/8" thick
- 2 tbsp thinly sliced fresh basil
1 Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2 Spread the pasta sauce in the bottom of a 5-cup oval casserole dish; stir in the tomato paste and half each of the oregano and red pepper flakes.
3 In a large bowl, toss together the zucchini, oil, salt, pepper and remaining oregano and red pepper flakes.
4 Arrange the zucchini and tomato slices in the casserole dish in overlapping concentric circles.
5 Bake until the sauce is bubbling and the zucchini are tender, about 20 minutes. Sprinkle with the basil just before serving.