Recipe: Bulgur salad with chicken and cashews
Chopped green apples, cashews and a curry powder dressing add a mix of sweet and savoury flavours to this bulgur salad.
For the salad
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked bulgur
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 Granny Smith apples, chopped into 1/4" chunks
- 1 cup coarsely chopped salted cashews
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
For the dressing
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 2 tsp honey
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 Bring the chicken broth to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in the bugur and reduce the heat to a low simmer.
2 Cook, covered, for 15 minutes, until the liquid has been absorbed and the bulgur is al dente. Fluff with a fork and set aside to cool.
3 When the bulgur is cool, toss with the chicken, apples, cashews and raisins in a large bowl until well combined.
4 Whisk together the yogurt, olive oil, curry powder and honey in a small bowl. Add sea salt and pepper. Pour the dressing over the salad, tossing well to mix.
5 Add the radishes, cilantro and parsley; toss gently and serve.
Prep and cook time: 45 minutes.