Recipe: Chocolate marquise
- 100 g (3-1/2 oz) dark chocolate
- 50 g (1-3/4 oz) unsalted butter, softened
- 50 g (13/4 oz) caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon rose-water
- 150 ml (5 fl oz) cream
- 150 g (1 punnet) raspberries
- 6 white nectarines, sliced
- 45 g (1/2 cup) flaked almonds, toasted
- Icing (confectioners') sugar
Melt the chocolate in a heat-proof bowl set over a saucepan of boiling water, making sure the base does not touch the water. Beat the butter with half the sugar until pale and fluffy. Mix in the cocoa.
Beat the yolks with the remaining sugar until pale and smooth, then add the rose-water. Whip the cream until thick. Mix the melted chocolate into the butter mixture, fold in the egg mixture, then fold in the cream. Spoon into a lined 8 x 22 cm (3 x 9 in) tin and chill for 3 hours, or until set.
Turn out the marquise and cut into thick slices. Serve with raspberries, white nectarines, toasted flaked almonds and a dusting of icing sugar.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
BUY THIS BOOK
From Zest. Published by Murdoch Books. Copyright © 2003 by Michele Cranston. All rights reserved. Reprinted by permission of Murdoch Books.