Recipe: Crunchy Vietnamese slaw
- 3 cups napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 3 bok choy, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- ½ cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp each: minced ginger and garlic
- 1 Thai chili, minced
- 2 tbsp each: finely chopped mint,
- cilantro and basil leaves
- ¼ cup crispy fried shallots
- ½ cup chopped toasted cashews
1 Stir together the cabbage through green onion in a large bowl.
2 Whisk vinaigrette ingredients in a small bowl and add to slaw just before serving.
3 Top with herbs, shallots and cashews.
Serves 6 to 8