Recipe: Glowing mojo-ito green monster smoothie
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) watermelon cubes (optional, but recommended)
- 1 to 1 1/2 (250 to 365 mL) cups baby spinach or other leafy green
- 1 cup (250 mL) coconut water or water
- 1 large sweet apple (such as Gala or Honeycrisp)
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) avocado
- 1 to 2 tablespoons (15 to 30 mL) fresh lime juice, to taste
- 5 to 10 large mint leaves, to taste 5 large ice cubes
1 Freeze the watermelon cubes (if using) overnight or until frozen solid.
2 In a high-speed blender, combine all of the ingredients and blend until smooth. Pour into a glass and toast to green drinks!
Tip: If using water instead of coconut water, you might want to add a bit of liquid sweetener to make up for the lack of sweetness.
Makes one 750mL smoothie.
BUY THIS BOOK
Excerpted from The Oh She Glows Cookbook: Vegan Recipes to Glow from the Inside Out by Angela Liddon. Recipes Copyright © 2014 Angela Liddon, Photography copyright © 2014 David Biesse, Eric Liddon and Angela Liddon. Excerpted by permission of Penguin Canada Books Inc., Toronto. All rights reserved.