Use your own fresh tomatoes for this tasty summer recipe.
Use fresh heirloom tomatoes for this tasty panzanella.
- 1/2 loaf rosemary focaccia
- 2 tsp + 6 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp liquid honey
- 1/4 tsp each: salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 heirloom tomatoes, cored and cut into wedges
- 5 cups lightly packed arugula
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
1 Brush the focaccia with 2 teaspoons of the olive oil.
2 Place on a greased grill over medium-high heat and toast, turning occasionally, until the focaccia is crisp and golden, about 5 minutes.
3 Allow to cool; cut into 1" cubes. (The croutons can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 days.)
4 While the focaccia is grilling, whisk together the remaining olive oil, the vinegar, mustard, honey, salt and pepper in a large bowl. (The dressing can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 5 days.)
5 Toss together the dressing, croutons, tomatoes, arugula and red onion in a large salad bowl; serve.
Prep & cook time: 30 minutes
Serves: 8 to 10