Image: Robert Palmer/Recipe: Sarah Wilson
Spruce up your Sunday dinner with this fresh and flavourful recipe from Sarah Wilson's The I Quit Sugar Cookbook.
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 2 tsp chopped fresh oregano or 1/2 tsp dried
- Juice of 1/2 lemon (use the other half for the Minted Pea Pistou, recipe below)
- 2 small cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 lamb chops
- 2 small red onions, skin left on, sliced into wedges (not quite down to the root, water lily-like)
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 2 small zucchini, sliced into rounds
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup black olives
- 1/4 cup cubed feta cheese
- Minted Pea Pistou (see recipe below)
- Fresh mint or oregano leaves for garnish
1 Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2 Combine the olive oil, oregano, lemon juice, garlic and lamb in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 25 minutes (all day is fabulous).
3 Place the onions, bell peppers and zucchini in a large baking dish with a good drizzle of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 25 minutes.
4 Add the lamb chops, cherry tomatoes, olives and feta to the baking dish and cook for another 20 minutes, turning the chops after 10 minutes.
5 Serve with Minted Pea Pistou and a sprinkling of mint or oregano leaves.
Minted Pea Pistou
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, blanched and cooled
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 Combine all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
Prep & cook time: 1 hour
BUY THIS BOOK
Excerpted from The I Quit Sugar Cookbook by Sarah Wilson. Recipes Copyright © 2015 Sarah Wilson, Photography copyright © 2015 Robert Palmer. Excerpted by permission of Clarkson Potter. All rights reserved.