Recipe: Linguine with zucchini, spinach, lemon and pine nuts
- 1.5 kg linguine
- 1½ cups pine nuts, toasted
- 4 medium zucchini, grated
- 4 large handfuls of baby spinach leaves
- Zest and juice of 2 large lemons
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 125 ml olive oil freshly ground black pepper
1 Cook the linguine in a large pot of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
2 Add the rest of the ingredients and season with salt and plenty of pepper.
3 Gently toss everything together and serve.
Makes approximately 12 servings.
BUY THIS BOOK
Excerpted from Eat Ate by Guy Mirabella. Photographs by Earl Carter. Copyright © 2009 by Guy Mirabella. Excerpted by permission of Chronicle Books. All rights reserved. No part of this excerpt may be reproduced or reprinted without permission in writing from the publisher.