- 3 tbsp (45 mL) lime juice
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) liquid honey
- 2 cups (500 mL) cubed peeled mango
- 2 cups (500 mL) cubed peeled cantaloupe
- 2 cups (500 mL) cubed seedless watermelon
- ¼ cup (60 mL) pine nuts (optional), lightly toasted
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh mint
1 In a microwaveable bowl, microwave lime juice with honey on high for 30 seconds; whisk until honey is dissolved. Let cool.
2 Add mango, cantaloupe, watermelon, pine nuts (if using) and mint; toss to combine.
Note: Cut the melon and mango into ½ inch (1 cm) cubes.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
PER EACH OF 6 SERVINGS: about 103 cal, 1 g pro, trace total fat (trace sat. fat), 27 g carb, 2 g fibre, 0 mg chol, 12 mg sodium. % RD I: 2% calcium, 4% iron, 43% vit A, 65% vit C, 10% folate.
BUY THIS BOOK
Excerpted from Canadian Living: Make It Tonight by The Canadian Living Test Kitchen © 2011 by The Canadian Living Test Kitchen. Excerpted by permission of Transcontinental. All rights reserved. No part of this excerpt may be reproduced or reprinted without permission in writing from the publisher.