Recipe: Mini tuna casseroles
- 9 oz uncooked rotini pasta
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- ¼ cup each: diced onion and celery
- ½ cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tsp each: minced garlic and Dijon mustard
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 6-oz cans chunk light tuna in water, drained
- 2 cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup 2% milk
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup crushed potato chips
1 Cook the pasta in a large pot of lightly salted boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; rinse with cold water, drain and set aside.
2 While the pasta is cooking, add the butter, onion and celery to a small frying pan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 5 minutes.
3 Add the garlic and mushrooms and cook 2 minutes more; remove from the heat.
4 Preheat the oven to 425°F.
5 In a large bowl, mix together the onion mixture, Dijon mustard, 1 cup cheddar cheese, tuna, mushroom soup, milk, salt and pepper. Stir in the cooked noodles.
6 Place six 1-cup baking dishes on a foil-lined baking sheet. Fill each dish with the tuna mixture and top with the crushed potato chips and the
remaining cheddar cheese.
7 Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly and the chips are just browned. Serve.
Prep and cook time: 30 minutes.