Recipe: Pizza bianco
- 1 10-oz thin crust pizza dough ball, shaped into a 12" circle
- 3 tbsp walnut pesto
- 1 small Forelle pear, thinly sliced
- 2 oz Gorgonzola dolce cheese
- 1⁄4 cup roughly chopped toasted hazelnuts
- 1 tbsp pistachio or walnut oil for drizzling
- 1⁄2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 Preheat the oven to 500°F with a pizza stone (or heavy-duty baking sheet turned upside down) on the centre rack.
2 With the pizza dough rolled out and placed on a cornmeal-dusted pizza peel, use a small palette knife to spread the walnut pesto thinly over the dough. Place the pear slices on top of the pesto and dot with pieces of the Gorgonzola dolce cheese.
3 Give the pizza peel a shake to make sure the pizza isn’t sticking and slide it onto the hot stone in the oven. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until the crust is golden and the cheese is melted.
4 Remove the pizza from the oven with tongs and slide it onto a cutting board. Sprinkle with the hazelnuts, drizzle with the pistachio oil and season with the pepper. Slice and serve.
Prep and cook time: 1 hour
Makes one 12" pizza