Recipe: Roasted cherry tomato and goat cheese dip
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1⁄2 lb cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1⁄2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 log goat cheese, pinched into large chunks
- Bread or crackers, for serving
1 Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly oil a 5" or 6" baking dish.
2 In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon of the oil with the tomatoes; set aside.
3 In a medium bowl, mix together the ricotta, garlic, remaining 2 tablespoons oil, parsley, salt, lemon zest and juice. Fold the goat cheese into the ricotta mixture.
4 Spread half of the cheese mixture in the baking dish, then add half of the tomatoes. Spread with the remaining cheese mixture, then top with the remaining tomatoes. Gently press the top layer of tomatoes into the cheese mixture so they are tightly packed.
5 Bake, uncovered, until the cheese is melted and the tomatoes are evenly roasted, about 25 to 40 minutes. (Cooking time will depend on the thickness of the tomato skins and the depth of the baking dish).
6 Serve warm with bread or crackers.
Serves 4 to 6.