Recipe: Smoked trout sandwich with green apple and gouda
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 slices pumpernickel bread
- 2 ounces smoked trout, flaked with a fork
- 1 ounce aged Gouda cheese, cut into thin slices or crumbled
- 1/2 small to medium Granny Smith apple, cored and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- A few leaves baby arugula or baby spinach
- Freshly ground black pepper
To assemble the sandwich, spread the mayonnaise on one side of both pieces of bread. Mound the trout on one of the bread slices, then top with the Gouda, the apple, and the arugula. Season with pepper. Top with the other slice of bread, cut in half, and eat.
BUY THIS BOOK
Excerpted from Serve Yourself by Joe Yonan Copyright © 2011 by Joe Yonan. Excerpted by permission of Ten Speed Press, a division of Random House of Canada Limited. All rights reserved. No part of this excerpt may be reproduced or reprinted without permission in writing from the publisher.