Recipe: Spinach, ricotta and dill pies
- 4 sheets (25cm x 25cm) store-bought shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 250g frozen spinach, thawed
- 600g ricotta
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup (40g) finely grated parmesan
- 2 green onions (scallions), finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped flatleaf parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped dill leaves
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
1 Preheat oven to 180°C (355°F).
2 Cut pastry to fit 4 x 1-cup (250ml) pie dishes, allowing for an overhang.
3 To make the spinch–ricotta filling, squeeze out excess water from spinach, place in bowl with ricotta, eggs, parmesan, onion, parsley, dill, salt and pepper and mix together well. Divide filling between pastry-lined dishes and bake for 30 minutes or until filling sets.
4 To freeze, wrap pie dishes in a layer of baking paper, then plastic wrap and aluminium foil to seal. Freeze for up to 3 months.
Serves 2 now & 2 later.
Excerpted from No Time to Cook by Donna Hay. Copyright 2009 by Donna Hay. Excerpted with permission by HarperCollins. All rights reserved. No part of this excerpt may be reproduced or reprinted without permission in writing from the publisher.