This flatbread recipe is perfect for summer.
Enjoy this quick and simple recipe for a fresh no-fuss meal.
- 650 g store-bought pizza dough
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 tsp Italian herb seasoning
- 1 green zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 summer squash (yellow zucchini), thinly sliced
- pinch each: salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 50 g prosciutto, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 125 g fresh buffalo mozzarella, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
1 Divide the dough in half.
2 Roll or stretch out the dough on a lightly floured surface to make two 12" x 7" ovals.
3 Transfer the dough to two greased rimless baking sheets. Brush each with 2 teaspoons of the olive oil; sprinkle with the Italian herb seasoning.
4 Preheat the oven to 500°F.
5 In a bowl, toss the zucchini and summer squash with the salt, pepper and 2 teaspoons of the remaining olive oil.
6 Arrange the vegetables and prosciutto loosely on top of the dough, all the way to the edge.
7 Bake until the flatbread is golden on the bottom, about 15 minutes.
8 Let stand for 1 minute; top with the mozzarella and chives.
9 Drizzle with the remaining olive oil; serve.
Prep & cook time: 30 minutes
Serves: 8 to 10