This tasty three-cheese spread will definitely impress your guests! Image by: Birgit Fauske
At your next dinner party, serve this delicious spread mixed with Jarlsberg, blue and cream cheese on the side of crackers and a glass of wine.
- 1 cup cream cheese
- ½ cup shredded Jarlsberg cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup crumbled Saint Agur or other blue cheese
- 4 tbsp chopped parsley
- 4 tbsp chopped chives or green onions
- 2 tsp cracked black peppercorns
- 2 tbsp chopped pecans or walnuts
- Crisp crackers for serving
1 In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, Jarlsberg, garlic and Worcestershire sauce. Beat with an electric mixer until the mixture is light and fluffy.
2 Add the Saint Agur and beat until just combined.
3 Add the parsley, chives and pepper and stir to combine.
4 Place the mixture in a small dish and chill for 30 minutes, until the spread is slightly firm.
5 Sprinkle with the nuts to garnish.
6 Serve with crisp crackers.
Tip: To add some spice to the cheese spread, add a dash of hot sauce before blending.
Prep and cook time: 50 minutes.
Makes about 3 cups.