Recipe: Three peas with lemon
- 2 cups snow peas
- 2 cups sugar snap peas
- 2 cups fresh or frozen shelled peas
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp Maldon sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 Remove both the stem ends and strings from the snow and sugar snap pea pods.
2 Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the snow peas, sugar snap peas and shelled peas and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until bright green and tender-crisp.
3 Drain the peas in a colander and shake well to steam dry for 1 minute. Return the peas to the pot along with the butter, chives, lemon zest and juice, salt and pepper. Stir to coat evenly in the sauce and serve immediately.
Prep and cook time: 1/2 hour.
Serves 6 to 8.