Recipe: Tuna salad potatoes
- 4 large baking potatoes (about 2 lb/1 kg)
- 2 cans (each 170 g) solid white tuna or chunk light tuna, drained
- ½ cup (125 mL) diced roasted or fresh sweet red pepper
- ¼ cup (60 mL) sliced black olives
- ¼ cup (60 mL) light mayonnaise
- ¼ cup (60 mL) light sour cream
- 1 rib celery, diced
- ¼ cup (60 mL) diced red onion
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- ¼ tsp (2 mL) salt
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) pepper
1 Prick each potato several times; microwave on high, turning halfway through until tender, about 12 minutes.
2 Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine tuna, red pepper, olives, mayonnaise, sour cream, celery, onion, parsley, lemon juice, salt and pepper; set aside.
3 Cut an X in the top of each potato; squeeze to open and separate. Mound tuna mixture on the potatoes. Place potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet; broil 6 inches (15 cm) from heat until heated through and edges of potatoes are crisp and darkened, about 5 minutes.
Makes 4 servings. PER SERVING: about 338 cal, 22 g pro, 8 g total fat (2 g sat. fat), 46 g carb, 4 g fibre, 28 mg chol, 776 mg sodium. % RDI: 7% calcium, 27% iron, 12% vit A, 107% vit C, 14% folate.
Note: To make Tuna Salad Potato Melts, follow recipe but broil for only 2 minutes. Top each stuffed potato with 1 slice Cheddar cheese; broil until bubbly and golden, about 3 minutes.
BUY THIS BOOK
Excerpted from Canadian Living: Make It Tonight by The Canadian Living Test Kitchen © 2011 by The Canadian Living Test Kitchen. Excerpted by permission of Transcontinental. All rights reserved. No part of this excerpt may be reproduced or reprinted without permission in writing from the publisher.