Recipe: Wagon-wheel pasta and goat cheese
- 1/2 pound wagon-wheel (or any short) pasta
- 1 10-ounce box frozen lima beans, thawed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons sour cream (or crème fraîche)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces creamy aged goat cheese, cut into small chunks
1 Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, then add the pasta.
2 After 5 minutes, add the lima beans.
3 Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until browned, about 7 minutes. Set aside.
4 When the pasta is ready, drain it with the beans (reserving 1/2 cup of the liquid), then return the pasta and beans to the pot along with the onion, sour cream or crème fraîche, thyme (if using), salt, pepper, and the reserved water. Add the goat cheese, toss together, and serve. (For a creamier sauce, add the goat cheese before the water rather than after.)
BUY THIS BOOK
From Time For Dinner. Published by Chronicle Books. Copyright 2010 by Chronicle Books. All rights reserved. Reprinted by permission of Chronicle Books.