Recipe: Zucchini fritters
- 1 pound (about 2 medium) zucchini
- 1 tbsp of freshly grated lemon zest
- 2 tbsp of fresh parsley, stems removed and leaves finely chopped
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp of freshly grated parmesan
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Olive oil
1 Using the large holes of a box grater, grate the zucchini into a medium bowl, leaving the skin on. Add the lemon zest, chopped parsley, and eggs. Mix well to combine. Add a good pinch of salt and pepper. Add flour, stirring thoroughly. Fold in the parmesan.
2 Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Once the oil sizzles, carefully drop about 2 tablespoons of the zucchini mixture into the pan and gently press down with a spatula to form a flat disc. Repeat with the remaining batter in batches, placing the zucchini a few centimeters apart from one another.
3 Cook the fritters for 2 to 3 minutes, until golden brown. Reduce the heat to medium and flip the fritters. Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer the fritters to a plate lined with paper towels to soak up excess fat. Serve warm.
Makes about 12 fritters.
For more delicious recipes from Jennifer Bartoli, check out her Chocolate Shavings blog.