1 What tools do you use in your kitchen on a daily basis?
A flexible fish spatula, tongs, a few big tablespoons, a Global chef knife, Wusthof paring knife, Global off-set serrated knife, wooden spoon, All-Clad fine mesh strainer, KitchenAid immersion blender and colander, and a big, wooden Boos cutting board!
2 What tools do you love, but don't use quite as often?
I am obsessed with my raspberry colored KitchenAid Stand mixer but don’t use it as often as I wish I did. I was also given a beautiful All-Clad copper pot a few years back that I don’t put to enough use, as well as my Breville Espresso machine.
3 What is the one kitchen item you can't live without?
Le Creuset enamel cast iron round 9-quart Dutch Oven in bright orange, for all braises, soups and stews.
4 Describe your kitchen style.
Modern and clean lines, with stainless steel appliances, glass cabinets, custom slate grey wooden cupboards, subway tiles and Carrara marble countertops. And lots of sunlight and a big trough sink.
5 What are some of your favourite cookbooks?
I have hundreds of cookbooks. I collect them to the point that I have run out of space at home and my office is starting to close in on me. A few newer picks that I love right now:
- Sugar Shack Au Pied de Cochon by Martin Picard
- Plenty: Vibrant Recipes from London's Ottolenghi by Yotam Ottolenghi and Jonathan Lovekin
- The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook by Deb Perelman
- Into the Vietnamese Kitchen: Treasured Foodways, Modern Flavors by Andrea Nguyen
- Salad: Beyond the Bowl by Mindy Fox
- Fire in my Belly by Kevin Gillespie
- The Frankies Spuntino Kitchen Companion & Cooking Manual by Frank Castronovo, Frank Meehan, Peter Falcinelli