- 1-1/4 cups white or brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup Bob’s Red Mill All-Purpose Gluten-Free Baking Flour
- 1⁄3 cup vegan sugar
- 1/2 cup arrowroot
- 1-1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup melted refined coconut oil or canola oil
- 1⁄3 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄3 cup agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Vanilla Sugar Glaze (see next page)
- Sugar-Sweetened Chocolate Dipping Sauce (see next page)
1 Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2 In a medium bowl, whisk together the fl ours, sugar, arrowroot, xanthan gum, baking soda, and salt. Add the coconut oil, applesauce, agave nectar, and vanilla and stir with a rubber spatula until the batter is smooth.
3 Using a 1/4 cup ice-cream scoop or measure, drop the dough onto the baking sheets, about 1 inch apart. Using the bottom of the measuring cup, press the dough to 1⁄3-inch thickness. Bake for 6 minutes, rotate the baking sheets, and bake for 4 minutes more. Let stand on the baking sheets for 20 minutes. Using a palette knife, spread chocolate sauce on one half of each of the cookies. Spread vanilla glaze on the other half of each cookie and let set for 5 minutes before serving.