- 2 cups fresh-cut corn niblets (from 4 cobs)
- 1 cup finely diced red pepper (about 1 pepper)
- 1 cup finely diced red onion
- 1 cup diced English cucumber (about 1 small cucumber)
- 2 finely diced jalapeño peppers
- 2 cups white vinegar
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
1 Bring all the ingredients to a boil in a large pot over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and gently simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid is absorbed and the vegetables are tender.
2 Remove from the heat and let cool. Transfer to a dish and serve immediately.
3 Enjoy on smoked-salmon or tuna burgers with Boston lettuce and mayonnaise on a soft brioche bun for an alternate serving suggestion. Or serve with a seasonal salad.
4 Relish will keep for two weeks in the refrigerator in a sealed jar.
Makes 4 cups.