- 4 ounces smoked salmon, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (regular or light)
- 1 tablespoon plain yogurt or sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh dill
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 croissant, halved lengthwise
- 3 to 4 thin slices cucumber, optional
- 2 to 3 thin slices avocado, optional
1 In a small bowl, combine salmon, scallions, and celery; toss gently. In a separate small bowl, whisk together remaining salad ingredients. Pour over salmon mixture and gently stir until well combined. This salad can be eaten at room temperature. If you prefer it chilled, refrigerate in an airtight container at least 30 minutes (or up to 1 day) prior to serving.
2 Open croissant and fill with salmon salad. Add cucumber or avocado, if desired.
Makes 1 serving.
BUY THIS BOOK
Excerpted from The Encyclopedia of Sandwiches by Susan Russo Copyright 2011 by Susan Russo. Excerpted by permission of Quirk Books. All rights reserved. No part of this excerpt may be reproduced or reprinted without permission in writing from the publisher.