- 4 cups baby arugula (optional)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 pound fusilli (spirals)
- 2/3 cup pitted black olives, not out of a can
- 1 pound fresh tuna, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons wine vinegar
1 Wash the arugula and spin dry. Chop very coarsely. Halve the cherry tomatoes.
2 Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the fusilli and cook according to the package directions, until soft, with the slightest resistance to the tooth.
3 Drain in a colander.
4 Transfer the pasta to a bowl. Add the tomatoes, olives, tuna, olive oil, and vinegar. Toss. Serve hot or cold—let cool at room temperature and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Makes 4 main-course servings.
BUY THIS BOOK
Excerpted from Kitchen Simple by James Peterson Copyright © 2011 by James Peterson. Excerpted by permission of Ten Speed Press, a division of Random House of Canada Limited. All rights reserved. No part of this excerpt may be reproduced or reprinted without permission in writing from the publisher.