- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cups thinly sliced strawberries
- 1 large rib rhubarb, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice crumble topping
- 1⁄2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into pea-size pieces
1 Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2 Melt the 2 tablespoons of butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the strawberries and rhubarb and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the sugar and lemon juice and cook for 2 more minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
3 To make the topping, mix together the flour, brown sugar, and butter pieces with your hands until the mixture resembles a coarse meal.
4 Divide the fruit among 6 ramekins. Divide the topping evenly, making sure the fruit is completely covered.
5 Place the ramekins on a small baking sheet and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the topping is golden and bubbly. Serve warm.
Makes 6 servings.
BUY THE BOOK
Excerpted from Easy Green Organic: Cook Well, Eat Well, Live Well. Copyright 2010 by Anna Getty. Excerpted with permission by Chronicle Books. All rights reserved. No part of this excerpt may be reproduced or reprinted without permission in writing from the publisher.