- If you don't use it, lose it. Take stock of the kitchen gadgets you actually use and store, toss or donate the ones you don't. We're looking at you, dust-covered bread maker.
- Out with the old. Replace tattered oven mitts, dish cloths, tea towels, etc. with new ones. It's easy to overlook the simple things, but you'll be surprised at how much difference it makes.
- Update your backsplash. Peel and stick Smart Tiles can be a quick and easy solution to upgrade a tired kitchen. Choose from countless colours and patterns, from mosaic to motif.
- Mount your TV on the wall if you can. It will save space, leaving room for a sleeker entertainment stand.
- Go for the green. If you have enough light, add plants. Not only do they work to clean the air, they instantly freshen up a room.
- Mount a floating shelf on the wall above the TV for added storage for DVDs and books.
- Jazz up your couch and loveseat. If it's in the budget, slipcovers go a long way to refresh, or simply add colourful pillows to brighten things up.