DIY project: How to repurpose a door into shelves
When is a door not a door? There's much more to consider than just transforming the colour of the furniture, you can also transform its use... just make sure you have a love of carpentry, if not a friend who is good at it.
- 1 x old four-panelled door
- Approx 3 lengths of 25mm thick timber
- 1 x 750ml Interior Wood Primer & Undercoat (White & Light Tones)
- 1 x 750ml Wevet® No.273 Estate® Eggshell
- 1 x Farrow & Ball 2" Paint Brush
- 1 x Sheet of each 80 and 120 Grit Sandpaper
1 Create a detailed drawing of how you want to customize your door, get cracking, or supply it to your carpenter friend (possibly with a slice of homemade cake) and leave them to it!
2 A few days later your new doorshelves will be delivered, so carry out the preparation.
3 Apply primer & undercoat to the chest.
4 Paint 2 coats of Wevet to your doorshelves, leaving to dry for a minimum of 4 hours between coats (ideally leave overnight to completely harden).
5 Fix in place and style open shelves with books, photos and trinkets.