DIY project: Ombre painted drawers
- 1 x tall chest of drawers
- 2 x 750ml Interior Wood Primer & Undercoat (1 x White & Light Tones, 1 x Mid Tones)
- 1 x 750ml Tin of Estate® Eggshell in each of the following colours: Wevet® No.273, Ammonite® No.274, Purbeck StoneTM No.275, Mole's Breath® No.276 and Cornforth White® No.228
- 1 x Farrow & Ball 2" Paint Brush
- 1 x Sheet of each 80 and 120 grit sandpaper
Carry out preparation to the chest and drawer fronts.
2 Apply primer and undercoat (White & Light Tones) to the chest and four of the drawer fronts (Mid Tones) to the remaining drawer fronts.
3 Paint two coats of Wevet on the chest.
4 Paint two coats of each colour to two drawer fronts: Cornforth White, Ammonite, Purbeck Stone and Mole's Breath. Leave to dry for a minimum of four hours between coats (ideally leave overnight to completely harden). Ensure the paint is completely hard before closing newly painted drawers.
5 Replace your drawers, placing the darkest colour drawers at the bottom and working up to the lighter drawers at the top. Organize your drawer contents, not necessarily in order of tone (unless you really want to).