Bathroom organizing: Get started with these essentials
Before making sure everything is in its place, you’ll need to invest in a few items to keep things clean. If you’re starting your bathroom from scratch with a renovation or a new home, it’s the ideal time to create some special nooks and built-in organizational options that will make keeping your bathroom tidy much easier. Here are Rosemary’s organizing tips for clean and functional bathroom decor:
- Opt for a soap dispenser rather than tray and a bar of soap to keep the sink area clean.
- If you’re starting from scratch, have your vanity float off the floor so that mopping and cleaning is made easier and dirt does not pile up against the toe kick.
- Install wire shelves in the corner or wall of your shower to keep soaps and shampoos off the shower floor. Or install a niche in your shower that can house showering products if you are adding a new tub or shower.
- Have a medicine cabinet at the back of your mirror to house those small items. If you are starting from scratch, design it to be recessed into the wall with the mirror on front.
- Make use of the space above the toilet with shallow shelves for storage of extra towels, washcloths, etc.
- Have drawers in your cabinetry – always opt for drawers over doors for easy access and visibility of products and small appliances.
Keep reading for even more clever bathroom organizing tips.