Shopping - Technology
How to: Spring-clean your tech toys
Give your favourite tech gadgets the clean sweep and keep them performing at their best.
Tech toy: Home stereo system
How to care for it:
• Clean the speakers using a dry, anti-static cloth (not the same wipes you use on your electronic gadgets or computer monitor).
• Clean the the CD player with a laser lens cleaning product and/or compressed air.
• Use a stylus cleaner if you’ve got a turntable.
• Setting speakers too close to one another or to other e-gear: the magnets can cause interference.
• Power surges. Use a surge protector whether your gear’s a bargain find or high-end. Those with higher-end equipment should consult with a store expert about what surge protector is best (some high-end types come with insurance).