- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
1 Preheat oven 400. In a mixing bowl, cream butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts.
2 Mix flour, baking powder and salt add to butter mixture 1 cup at a time, mixing after each addition. Do not chill dough.
3 Divide into 2 balls. On a floured surface, roll each ball into circle approx 12 inch wide and 1/8 in thick. Dip cookie cutter in flour before each use.
4 Bake cookies on ungreased cookie sheet 6-7 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned.
Makes about 3 dozen cookies. Recipe may be doubled.