Recipe: Chicken and pink grapefruit salad
- 1 spring onion (scallion), finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons crème fraîche
- 175 g (1 cup) roast chicken meat, shredded
- 2 pink grapefruits
- 3 handfuls mixed mizuna, lambs lettuce and English spinach leaves
- 8 walnuts, finely chopped
Put the sliced spring onion, vinegar, olive oil and crème fraîche in a bowl and stir to combine. If too thick, add a little warm water. Add the shredded chicken meat and toss so as to coat the chicken pieces all over. Using a sharp knife, peel the grapefruit and remove the segments by slicing between each of the membranes. Arrange a bed of mixed salad leaves on the serving plate and top with the chicken. Scatter the grapefruit segments and walnuts over the top of the salad and season with a little sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Serves 4 (as a starter)
Excerpted from Zest by Michele Cranston. Excerpted by permission of Whitecap Books. All rights reserved. No part of this excerpt may be reproduced or reprinted without permission in writing from the publisher.