Recipe: Cold soba noodle salad
- 2 tsp of low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp of rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp of sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp of fish sauce
- Buckwheat soba noodles for four
- 1/2 cup of cooked peas
- 1 small red pepper, finely diced
- 2 large scallions, finely minced
- 1 tbsp of toasted sesame seeds
- Canola oil
1 In a small bowl, whisk the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil and fish sauce. Reserve.
2 Cook the noodles according to package instructions. Drain, run under cold water and lightly drizzle with some canola oil to prevent the noodles from sticking. Reserve and let cool.
3 Transfer the cold noodles to your serving bowl. Add the diced red peppers, scallions, peas and sesame seeds. Dress with the soy marinade and stir. Serve salad cold or at room temperature.
For more delicious recipes from Jennifer Bartoli, check out her Chocolate Shavings blog.