Images: Edward Pond
Impress your barbecue party guests with these tasty lamb burgers topped with a sweet mint sambal.
Sweet mint sambal
- 1/2 cup thick Greek-style yogurt
- 2 tbsp Asian sweet chili sauce
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 tsp freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 lb coarsely ground minced lamb
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese + extra for garnish
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint leaves + more for garnish
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 naan breads
- 1/2 cup radish matchsticks
- 1/2 cup cucumber matchsticks
1 Stir together the sambal ingredients. Season with salt and pepper and refrigerate until ready to use.
2 To make the lamb burgers, mix the lamb through pepper together in a large bowl. Using wet hands, divide the mixture into 4 portions and form each into a long oval sausage shape. Flatten slightly and chill for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
3 Heat the barbecue to medium-high. Brush the burgers with a little olive oil and grill until cooked through, about 6 minutes per side.
4 Warm the naan on the grill and serve the burgers on the naan topped with the sambal, radish, cucumber, extra feta and mint leaves.
Makes: 4 burgers