Images: Jeff Coulson
A tasty leek and cauliflower soup with a drop of cool Greek yogurt that will definitely tempt your palate.
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 large leeks, white and light green part only, sliced into ¼" rounds, plus more for garnish
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 potatoes, cut into 1" chunks
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup condensed milk
- ½ cup feta cheese, crumbled into small pieces
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2-½ tsp curry powder
1 Heat the olive oil and butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the leeks, cauliflower, carrots, potatoes and garlic and sauté until the vegetables are soft, about 10 minutes.
2 Stir in the stock and bring the mixture to a boil.
3 Reduce the heat, cover and cook until the potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes.
4 Remove the soup from the heat and purée using an immersion blender, or in batches using a food processor. Stir in the condensed milk and feta cheese; season to taste with salt and pepper.
5 In a small bowl, stir together the greek yogurt and curry powder until blended.
6 Serve the soup with a dollop of the yogurt mixture, garnishing with a few leek rounds and some additional black pepper.
Prep time: 1 hour.