Recipe: Wild mushroom stir-fry with sugar snap peas
- 2 lbs fresh mixed mushrooms (shiitake, oyster, maitake)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp minced shallots
- 6 oz sugar snap peas, strings removed
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- ½ cup whole roasted almonds
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- 2 cups pea shoots (optional)
1 Slice the mushrooms into ¼" thick slices. Set aside.
2 Heat the oils over medium-high heat in a wok or large sauté pan. Add the garlic and shallots, stirring until fragrant and just beginning to colour.
3 Add the mushrooms and toss well to coat. Sauté, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms look moist and are just beginning to brown,
about 3 minutes.
4 Add the peas, along with the mirin and the soy sauce and continue to cook until the peas are tender-crisp and bright green, about 2 more minutes.
5 Stir in the almonds, green onions and pea shoots and cook until the
shoots are just wilted. Serve immediately.