Drink recipe: Cantaloupe and ginger cocktail
Fresh cantaloupe and sliced ginger gives this tasty cocktail a sweet and spicy flavour.
- 4 thin slices ginger, peeled
- 1/4 cup cantaloupe, peeled and diced
- Handful of mint leaves
- 2 oz Havana Club 3-year-old rum
- 1/2 oz freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/5 oz simple syrup
- Sprig of mint for garnish
1 Muddle the ginger and cantaloupe in a mixing glass.
2 Add the mint, rum, lemon juice and simple syrup.
3 Add crushed ice and pour into a cocktail shaker.
4 Shake hard. Strain into a tall glass over crushed ice.
5 Garnish with a sprig of mint.
Makes 1 cocktail.