Satsuma Sparkle cocktail recipe.
Freshly squeezed satsuma gives this champagne cocktail its signature fruity flavour.
- 12 frozen cranberries + extra for garnish
- 4 oz freshly squeezed satsuma or tangerine juice
- 2 oz Grand Marnier orange liqueur
- 8 oz chilled champagne or sparkling wine
- Sugared red currants for garnish (optional)*
- Orange zest strips for garnish (optional)
1 Muddle the frozen cranberries against a handful of ice in a cocktail shaker until they burst.
2 Pour in the satsuma juice and Grand Marnier. Shake until ice cold and then strain into two coupes.
3 Top with the champagne and garnish with a few extra frozen cranberries or some sugared red currants and a strip of orange zest if desired.
Tip: *To make sugared currants or cranberries, dip the fruit lightly into whisked egg whites and then into some fine sugar. Let dry for 20 minutes before using.
Makes: 2 servings.