Okay, I realize most people may not think of a vacuum as a 'toy', or even associate it with fun, but trust me -- the new LG Kompressor makes cleaning enjoyable. In my new house, we have white carpet in place until we get hardwood. We also have a cute little beagle named Wendel who sheds like it's going out of style. This, ladies and gentlemen, is a recipe for disaster. Our old vacuum worked great in our previous parquet-tiled apartment, but it was no match for wee Wendel's falling hair, mucky feet and peanut-butter filled toy that he totes around in the new house. So, now when I say that the LG Kompressor vacuum is my new favourite toy, you may understand the joy that it brings to me. What I love about LG is that they consistently get it right the first time. This is their first entry into the vacuum market and I have no complaints! I got to chat with Frank Lee from LG -- who gets just as excited about new products as I do -- and he filled me in on what makes this vac stand out from the rest.
- It fluffs up the carpet while cleaning. Trust me, this makes a world of difference -- it actually made my carpets look brand new. Frank says it's because the vacuum has an individual motor just for the powerhead, which lifts the carpet fibers.
- It's certified asthma- and allergy-friendly. Gathering 99.7% of dust mites, pollen, allergens and pet dander, it's great for my boyfriend, who is allergic to Wendel's fur.
- You can control the settings from the wand. Not only that, but the wand detaches to give you 15 feet of reach. Frank also pointed out that the hose doesn't have metal springs in it, so there's no constant fight to stretch further.
- It features a 40 foot cord -- the longest on the market. I can pretty much vacuum my entire house without having to switch outlets.
- It's bagless and minimizes the mess. Probably my favourite feature is the blade in the bin that compresses the dust and clumps it together for easy disposal. And since this vac picks up three times the amount of dust that a standard vacuum does, it means you won't be enveloped in a cloud of dust when emptying the bin.